A few FAQ’s (frequently asked questions):
Please make all checks payable to ‘Ames Catholic Worker House’
We are not a 501C3 tax deductible organization, so unfortunately, you cannot deduct any donation from your personal taxes
If you would like to set up recurring donations, contact us to let us know you would like to make it monthly.
All monthly donations are set up to recur for 12 months.
If you have a recurring transaction, it processes automatically on the 28th of each month.
Common Donation Amounts
- $40/mo supports our 13 chickens so they can continue providing us 5 dozen eggs/week to sell
- $50/mo supports clothing and personal needs for our guests
- $100/mo supports food and supplies needed for our Saturday meals
- $150/mo supports our electric bill
- $200/mo supports emergency fund for house repairs or renovations
- $250/mo supports our insurance costs for the community
- 1 prayer/day supports us for a lifetime
Our Chickens (and we) Need You!
We are entirely people funded. We do not receive funds from grants or governmental programs. The mission of the house is also for our community to take personal responsibility for human beings. Humans are responsible for humans, not governments.
As of 12/17/20, we are $2800 out of our $3,550 monthly goal. This goal allows us to support our mortgage, utilities, and guest supplies. Our budget might increase or decrease later as we assess the need and resources given to us.